Thursday, April 18, 2013

20 Years

Had you been in my kitchen a few days ago,  you would have witnessed this conversation...

Me:  "Oh my gosh!  Jay!  I just realized that on the 21st, we will have been married for 20 years!"

Jay:  "I know!  Wait. We were married on the 21st?  What????  I thought we were married on the April 24th."

Me:  "No, I'm pretty sure it was the 21st."

Jay:   "Oh."  (Puzzled expression on his face.)

Me:  "Wait a minute...was it on the 24th????  I seriously do not know."

Jay:  "I have no idea."   (We both start laughing at our lameness.)

Kyra:  (Yelling from the living room.)  "My birthday is on October 21st.  Maybe you are thinking of my birthday."

Jay:   "Hey, I know how to figure it out.  I put it on my Google calendar!"

And so we figured it out.  Young and clueless, we married on April 24, 1993 in Kalispell, MT.  It is nothing short of a miracle that we are still together and still actually like each other.  Really.  We've persevered and I can say in all honesty that Jay is my best friend.  Rarely does a day go by that he doesn't crack me up.  Laughter and prayer...the 2 most important ingredients in the recipe for a successful marriage.

Happy 20 years, JP!  I just want to take a minute to apologize for throwing that Timberland hiking boot at your head that day about 19 years ago.  You have to admit, I may throw like a girl, but I only missed your head by about an inch.  Impressive!  :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment