Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Boy

I was just contemplating the fact that my oldest, Shelby, will soon be turning 18.  I recall my mom telling me to cherish every minute with my babies, that they grow up too quickly. Well, she was absolutely right.  Yesterday I was cleaning out a bin in my closet and came across this poem that my Shelby boy wrote in 5th grade.  It made me laugh.  It's just so Shelby.
                                                               

                                                                             My Ode 
                                                    by Shelby Pierson

Oh, Pants, I owe it all to you.
If I didn't have you in the winter, my butt would be blue.
My pants are in style and make me look cool,
 no matter if I'm at the store or at school.
My wonderful pants, the legs come as a pair, 
  and it's great that they cover my underwear.


Yep, that's my boy...always so serious and studious.  He makes me laugh often.  I just love that kid!  Here he is today...



2 comments:

  1. Love that kid, too! Our favorite "Shelbyism" is when he was riding in the truck with Bryan and a song was on the radio "Won't break my back for a million bucks..." and he turns to Bryan and says "Uncle Bryan, I'd break MY back for a million bucks." oh and making knives and swords in the shop and just being such a funny story teller.
    That motorcycle picture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be an ad for Levis or something--love it!

    ReplyDelete