Friday, February 8, 2013

You Asked For It

In the past few days I've gotten several messages asking for more info on oil cleansing.  So here ya go...

As I said in a previous post, I use oils on my face and skin. Not a day goes by that I don't lather on the coconut oil.  It is wonderful.  Using a really warm washcloth, I steam open my pores and then gently massage in the oil.  This has been the best thing I've ever done for my skin.  Coconut oil is moisturizing and helps heal scarring.  With antibacterial properties, it also can help anyone suffering from acne. (Of course, acne is caused by inflammation in the body, so addressing that is key as well.)  Keep it in a jar in your bathroom and in your kitchen.  Nothing is better for a burn, including sunburn. Be certain that you are using organic virgin coconut oil.
If you shop at Costco, there is a great deal on Nutiva. 
A couple of times per week, I use a mixture of castor oil with evoo, coconut oil, or avocado oil as a cleanser.  If interested, you can check out Oil Cleansing Method online. Since I tend to have dry skin, particularly in the winter, I use a combination of 1 part castor oil to 3 parts other oil. If you have oily skin or live in a place that actually has humidity in the air (lucky you!), then you would use more castor oil.  A bit of trial and error and you should be able to figure out what works best for you. I keep my oils in a small, glass pump bottle.

Here is the basic how-to for oil cleansing--
Using about a quarter-sized amount of your oils, gently (never be anything but gentle with the skin on your face!) massage them into your skin. If you have problem areas like pimples, large pores, etc, then pay a bit more attention to that area.  
Wring out a hot, wet washcloth and lay it over your face.  Let it sit until it cools a bit.  Gently wipe your face with the cloth, then rinse the washcloth well with hot water.  Again, lay it over your face until it starts to cool, repeating the process a few times. I typically do this 3-4 times.  It just feels lovely.
 If you feel your skin needs it, use a bit of coconut oil to moisturize once you've finished.

 And that is it!  Easy-peasy, inexpensive, and completely non-toxic!

What a couple of my friends have had to say about coconut oil...
" I have started doing ONLY coconut oil on my face...both as a face wash and moisturizer! All of my blemishes, zits and blackheads are gone in one week. THANK YOU!!! And I have no more dry skin patches." 

"Singing the praises of coconut oil right with ya!! I wish I would have taken the before and after of my son's face/acne after using coconut oil. It totally cleared up in a week. He still gets a few outbreaks because he is a 16 year old boy but it really works. Love this blog!"
  
Awesome!!!!!   And just in case you need a bit more convincing...people often think Kyra and I are sisters.  While Kyra may not appreciate that, I think it is most wonderful, haha!  I truly give credit to coconut oil for my skin being clear, soft and younger looking.  Try it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment